Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Tongues

I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.
1 Corinthians 14:18

For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 14:2

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. Romans 8:26

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:19

I have been worshiping God in tongues this morning. I feel an incredible thing happening. It's like a place in me, that is truly me, is praying. It isn't muddled by the lies of the enemy, shame or striving. On the other hand, there is a purity and holiness in this prayer. It is also as if God is holding my hand and we are praying in unison. He is agreeing with my prayer and adding prayers of his own that my spirit is in unity with. It is really beautiful and sweet and some of the most peaceful prayer that I have ever experienced.

I think there is a boldness in tongues that we don't have otherwise. I remember, once, hearing a man tell about God doing a wonderful thing in his life. When he thanked God for it, God said, "It is what you asked for."
He asked, "When did I ask for it?"
God answered, "When you were praying in tongues."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for Monday's blog...I'm glad you spoke out fearlessly. Especially hit me "When he thanked God for it, God said, "It is what you
    asked for."
    He asked, "When did I ask for it?"God answered, "When you were praying in tongues."
    Don't you love that? I'm glad for your prayer this morning. It sounds really, really beautiful. Laurie

    Keep praying my friend, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete