Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Through God's Eyes

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25:4-5

As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

Yesterday, while dancing Zumba, I kept seeing myself as a person I know of that is overweight and clumsy. Then it occurred to me that my thinking was only making things worse. It made me feel heavy and clumsy. So I changed the picture in my mind's eye. I instead, visualized myself to be more like our instructor. I saw someone that was a healthy weight, coordinated, limber and full of energy. The transformation was amazing. All of a sudden I could raise my hands higher and dance more energetically. This morning, I am aware of the negative opinion I have of myself and life in general. I am excited to think about how life's dance is going to change as I begin to see myself and my life through God's eyes. "Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." (Psalm 86:11)

1 comment:

  1. Just read Thursday's blog...we're on the same track again. Going from
    negative or what the 'Brain' book calls toxic thoughts to the Father's
    truth... Isn't the Father interesting???
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete