Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, April 8, 2011

God Is Jealous For You

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:28-31


The line from a song, "He is jealous for me," really touched me just now. I am tired and vulnerable after working all week with very little sleep. God is in the process of setting me free from caring about what others think of me. A couple of days ago I came away from work deciding that if others have a bad attitude towards me that it is their problem, unless of course, I am truly sinful. The grace was there for later in the day when I was confronted in this very area.

Today has been challenging because my insecurities were so strong. I am a unique character that is fairly open minded. God speaks to me through movies, books, and situations that others boycott. As a result, I have a different perspective on many things than the average person. So some find it their responsibility to correct me. This is one reason that I hide so much. I have not dealt well with so much rejection and criticism.

So what does God do? He gives me a job where I interact with all types of people for hours at a time. When God is teaching me something, he gives me a lot of practice. So today, this stuff was coming from every angle. By the time I got off work, I was thrashed. As I began praying, God said that he is jealous for me. He seemed to be saying that I can let go of their bad attitudes and turn to his love and approval. In fact, as I wrote this I heard, "You have no answer for them." In other words, I don't have to explain myself to them. He is actually upset with the people that treat me this way. He said to me, "Bless those who wrongfully accuse you." So I pray blessings on those who accuse me, both when I am guilty and when I am innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment