Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Come Up

3 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you

7 But I, by your great love,
can come into your house;
in reverence I bow down
toward your holy temple.

8 Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies—
make your way straight before me.

11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

12 Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

(Psalm 5)

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.
1 John 2:27

God is our only constant. He is our source of hope. We can find all kinds of little things that bring temporary happiness; like success, good food, pretty flowers, or fun with a friend. He wants us to come up above the earthly and hang out with him in the heavenly. He wants us to worship him and know his goodness. Sometimes we get too entangled with the earthly and it becomes our focus instead of his kingdom. We want to plan a strategy. We want to worry over and try to fix everything that looks off kilter. He wants us to come up above and worship. Then he will send us forth. Some of the things that we thought were important will fade away and some will be part of our "to do list." It is when we are in the heavenly with God that we get the right perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment